Today, I was moved from my 4th grade class and sent to help teach grades 1&2. This is because all of the volunteers were in one room and the real teachers wanted wanted some helpers. It was sort of disconcerting as I had just learned the names of all the kids in my class. Oh well, the little ones are cute but it will be more of a challenge.
Other than that, it have had a pretty peaceful weekend. A couple of volunteers left so there were barbecues for us to attend. On Saturday, all the male volunteers went to the fancy resort land of Denarau. There, we had pool wrestling matches all day and only took breaks to eat pizza. It was surprisingly fun and extremely exhausting.
Masaki, the Japanese student who was living at our house left. This was sad. But, we had a fantastic lovo in celebration. That means we dug a pit in the ground, used firewood to make large stones super hot and then we put several chickens and other tasty meaty treats in foil and dropped them in the hole. After that, we put the dirt back on top and let it cook for a couple hours. It turned out amazingly and I am definitely going to make one when I get home.
We have a long Easter weekend. Thursday morning, I embark on a 4 day sailing journey to the northern Yasawa Island group.
We get to go fishing and snorkeling and stay in huts and visit villages and lay on the beach and all of that fun stuff. I will definitely take a billion pictures.
SO STAY TUNED.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment